DIY Lazy Susan

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!

If you've been following along you know fun projects are at a minimum these days due to our remodel. We've made a few more updates since the Kitchen Remodel Part 1 and we're about to wrap up our Master Bathroom remodel. Stay tuned for those!

But while I had a small break I thought I'd create a Lazy Susan for the new kitchen. I also wanted to play around with some stains to match them to our new floors for a future project.

The materials list for this project is pretty small and inexpensive. Definitely a weekend project!

Materials:
~ Lazy Susan hardware {6x6}
~ Circular Pine Board
~ 4 Hardware pulls
~ Scrap wood {6x6}

I stained the top and sides of the circular piece and the scrap wood. Once dry I flipped the circular board over, found the center and marked off the area for the scrap piece of wood.
The Lazy Susan has two pieces that spin around each other. I attached one piece to the scrap board, flipped them over and attached the other piece to the bottom of the circular board.
I added on some felt pads to the bottom as well but it's not necessary.
The hardware pulls I purchased are similar to our new cabinet pulls. I attached them evenly along the outer edge of the Lazy Susan.
It was ready for our containers: oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, etc.





Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts