DIY Robin Eggs ~ Easter Part I

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!
Easter's just around the corner! I've paired up again with Oriental Trading's great products for my Easter Series. Check out their website for more Easter products and ideas.

And follow up on Part II and Part III of the Easter Series!

I ordered the following for this series:
Ceramic Eggs
Natural Moss
Oval Galvanized Bucket
White Bird Cage
Natural Raffia Chargers

Additional material for Part 1:
Blue paint
Brown paint
A good paintbrush
Sticker letters
Sharpie marker {I used silver}

Create robin eggs by using the Ceramic Eggs. Brushed on watered down blue paint. {I used acrylic but a water color would probably work just fine.}
To get a variety of shades and add additional water to the bowl, diluting the paint more and more.
Fun time, adding speckles! Start with some of the remaining blue paint. Use a finger and flick the bristles of the paintbrush creating speckles.
Repeat the process with some watered down brown paint.
Once thoroughly dry, grab some stickers and sharpie markers
Feel free to skip the sticker part if you're great drawing freehand. Some need more help than others!
With a pencil trace around the stickers and then carefully peeled them off.
Use the silver sharpie to draw back over the lines and filled them in.
And they're ready for display!
*This post contains items I chose from Oriental Trading for review. All opinions are my own.

Looking for more deals from Oriental Trading? Visit their Coupon Page!

And for additional DIY Vintage Chic Christmas ideas check these out:
Easter Wreath

Vintage Book Vase

Spring Wreath
Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts